NONPROFIT COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT & PR EXECUTIVE
New Program & Service Development - Engagement Management - Strategic Planning & Market Growth
Relationship-driven, visionary executive with more than 10 years of proven success in leading and developing community programs and services, setting growth and expansion for public and nonprofit corporations through operational best practices in economic development, staff and resource optimization, and innovative marketing strategies that impact policies and drive program objectives.
Community Affairs & Outreach
Brand Building & Management
PR & Media Relations
Grant Writing & Fundraising
P&L ($1M) & Budget Administration
Communication Strategy & Delivery
Financial Management & Compliance
Corporate Vision & Direction
Community & Stakeholder Satisfaction
Cross-Functional Team Building
Policy Process & Development
New Program Development
CALIFORNIA BRAIN TUMOR ASSOCIATION
Founder and driving force behind a nonprofit organization dedicated to building public awareness and promoting policy solutions and education regarding causes of environmental health hazards. Delegated and managed multiple priorities directed toward implementing change. developed expertise in a wide range of policy arenas working with advocates to support and advance the objectives of the organization through cutting-edge research and legislative analyses.
- Community Outreach: Single handedly organized and planned a didactic symposium for 500+ attendees including the entire publicity campaign. Coordinated multifaceted groups, facilitated understanding of public health protection program, and offered resources to influence decisions and shift polities at county and city levels. Played a pivotal role in passing landmark ordinances requiring companies to distribute health facts about possible environmental hazards.
- Educational Program Development & Management: Spearheaded and implemented a highly successful environmental program to educate individuals, health professionals, and communities about controlling environmental health risks and policy changes needed to reduce those risks.
- Policy Impact: Championed cell phone safety legislation before local, state, and federal agencies, which resulted in legislating changes to human environmental regulations.
- Government Relations: Expanded organization's involvement through close interaction with several state and governmental agencies and regulatory bodies. Honorably commended by the San Francisco Board of Supervisors.
Los Gatos Chamber of Commerce
President & CEO
Instilled new sense of direction and pioneered series of growth strategies to reposition organization for success. Developed comprehensive business-plan and built solid infrastructure to adequately meet diverse organizational needs. Held decision-making authority for establishing service operations, fiscal and budget management, market expansion, government affairs, and policy development.
- Community Affairs: Developed and managed all program goals and policies, secured funding, generated press releases, and stakeholder communications, and hired staff to build and manage programs with wide-ranging community impact.
- Founded the Los Gatos Young Professionals Group, a dynamic collection of young entrepreneurs serving the community designed to provide business contacts and professional growth for the next generation of local business leaders.
- Member of the Silicon Valley Coalition of Chamber Executives representing over 10,000 businesses.
- Graduate of the Western Association of Chamber Executives (W.A.C.E.) Academy
- Strategic Market Planning & Growth: Evaluated industry trends and market needs to effectively implement service delivery strategies for organization's long-term, sustainable growth.
- Streamlined staff operations, exceeding annual budget projections by 15% in the first year, linking resource allocations to mission, resulting in lower expenses while tripling staff size.
- Fundraising & Management: Implemented and led various fundraising campaigns; secured as much as $50K in government funds to support business operations and maintained consistent program and service delivery.
- Relationship Management: Developed and sustained extensive professional, personal, and government networks for the purpose of forging strategic partnerships with diverse groups of people and resources to provide mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Networks included elected officials, department directors, city and county staff, private donors, citizen committees, over 400 business owners and associations, advocacy groups, nonprofits, and neighborhood organizations.
- Staff Development: Hired, trained, and led staff to ensure smooth operations. Improved efficiency and enhanced workflow by developing strong interdepartmental relationships that resulted in proper usage of resources and expediting of resolutions to support the objectives of the organization.
CITY & COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO
SAN FRANCISCO DEPARTMENT OF ELECTIONS - PRESENTER
- Served at the forefront of a registered voting base of 450,000 residents, while supervising activities of nearly 4,000 Poll Workers, Election Inspectors, District Leads, and Deputy Sheriffs.
SAN FRANCISCO PEDESTRIAN SAFETY COMMITTEE - CHAIRMAN
- Led a 20-member committee and advocated on behalf of local residents seeking improvements in public safety; oversaw various City departments and participated in public events to ensure traffic enforcement.
- Served on the Mayor's Pedestrian Safety Task Force leading accountability and promotion efforts focused on pioneering a new pedestrian strategy. Reduced speed limits as a result of presenting clear arguments on causes of pedestrian injuries.
SAN FRANCISCO COMMISSION OF ANIMAL CONTROL & WELFARE - COMMISSIONER
SAN FRANCISCO MAYOR'S OFFICE - LEGISLATIVE FELLOW
SAN FRANCISCO COUNTY TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY - COMMITTEE MEMBER
MARKS BROTHERS MOTORS, LLC
Small Business Owner
- Executed all phases of a startup operation including business planning, setting budgets, revenue generation, inventory management, expense control, marketing, staff recruitment, and customer relations. Established business, quickly turning a profit and generating cash flow growth.
UNITED STATES SENATE
- Supported Senator Edward Kennedy in all administrative processes, contributed to Senate committee hearing, and provided
briefings to ensure consistency in daily schedules.